Mental Health Awareness Grant
Mental Health Awareness
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Many people have begun to focus more on the impacts and challenges that are connected to mental health. However, these invisible challenges still go unnoticed and untreated. 1 in 5 people will experience a mental illness during their lifetime. And if an individual is not diagnosed with a mental health condition, everyone will at least face challenges in life that can impact their mental health. Being aware of the symptoms, possible outcomes, and treatments for mental health conditions can make a significant impact on an individuals life.
In honor of Mental Health Awareness month, Golden Healer Service Dogs will be sponsoring a grant program for a Psychiatric Service Dog.
Psychiatric service dogs can be trained to help various symptoms that can be caused by a mental health condition such as Anxiety, Depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Eating Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Bipolar Disorder.
We will be awarding the following grants:
One – $3,000
Two – $2,000
Two – $1,000
We will be accepting electronic applications throughout the month of May.
The deadline for the last application will be Friday, May 22nd, 2020.
The winners will be contacted on Friday May 29th, 2020.
Any applications received after the above mentioned deadline will not be considered.
Begin Your Application
To begin your application, use the button below to securely process your $100.00 application fee through PayPal. Once your application fee has been processed, you will be redirected to the application form. By submitting an application to be considered as a grant recipient, you are unconditionally agreeing to the rules and regulations of this program (defined below). You will need to electronically sign your application agreeing to be bound by these rules. If the applicant is considered a minor in the state of their residence then the application must be electronically signed by a parent or legal guardian. It is the signers responsibility to verify the age of minority for his or her state law.
Rules and Regulations
General Terms and Conditions:
There are no exceptions for the application deadline (May 22, 2020) and all late applications will not be considered. All application fees collected are non refundable. Golden Healer Service Dogs is not responsible for any late, lost, misdirected, or incomplete applications all of which will not be held for consideration.
Please review all applications before submission. Only one application is allowed per household and no further additions or revisions may be made after submission. The decisions of the grant committee are final and without appeal. Golden Healer Service Dogs reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the grant program, these rules or application process, judging, or award qualification or process at any time and without advance notice.
The application for and award of all grants are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. All fees of any kind relating to a grant are the sole responsibility of each recipient. Potential grant recipients will be required to complete the necessary documentation for our service dog recipient program provided by Golden Healer Service Dogs. Once the documents are completed and returned, each recipient will be contacted by a Golden Healer Service Dog representative to being the delivery of their service dog. This process can take as long as 12 months depending on recipient needs, current status of dog training, completion of in-home training and compliance check.
Return of any notification sent to a potential recipient via certified email marked as “refused” “undeliverable” “no such address” or any similar mark may result in the disqualification of the potential grant recipient and the selection of an alternate recipient . By submitting an application, each applicant (or if the applicant is a minor, then the minors parent or legal guardian) agrees to release and hold harmless Golden Healer Service Dogs from and against any claim cause of action, including but not limited to personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property arising from or in connection with the submission of an application or the award of any grant hereunder. Golden Healer Service Dogs reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any applicant that it finds or believes to have tampered with the process or otherwise violated these rules and regulations. Any attempt by an applicant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the process will be taken very seriously by Golden Healer Service Dogs and Golden Healer Service Dogs reserves the right to seek any and all damages available to it under the law.
- Upon submission, all applications become the property of Golden Healer Service Dogs and will not be returned to the applicant.
- By submitting an application, the applicant (or if the applicant is a minor, then the minor’s parent or legal guardian) acknowledges and agrees that Golden Healer Service Dogs shall own the submitted application and all the information contained in the application and any rights relating thereto.
- A recipient may request to have his/her identity withheld from any grant publicity campaign related to being awarded a grant; in such a case, the recipient’s city and state will be used to identify the recipient. However such a request shall have no effect on Golden Healer Service Dogs ownership of the applications as otherwise provided for in these Rules and Regulations.
- Golden Healer Service Dogs may use the application in any manner and in any medium or form, whether now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without any compensation, permission, or notification to the applicant or any third party.
- Any application that attempts to restrict or otherwise limit Golden Healer Service Dogs right to use the application or any portion of the application shall be deemed to have been withdrawn.
- The application collects personally identifiable information (that is information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as full name, address, email, phone number etc.) All personally identifiable information and personal health information will be used to screen the application, as otherwise specified in these Rules and Regulations and will be kept private.
- Personal information contained in the application will be used and disclosed by Golden Healer Service Dogs, the grant committee, and/or Golden Healer Service Dogs consultants strictly for purposes of screening the applicant for program eligibility and grant qualification, notifying the applicant of his/her selection as a potential or actual grant recipient; providing email updates; publicity, communicating with the applicant, his/her parent or guardian (if applicable) and as otherwise necessary to the operation of Golden Healer Service Dogs compliance with the law.
- The applicant’s personal information shall be stored and secured by Golden Healer Service Dogs or its designated contractor for a period of up to 42 calendar months.
Disclaimer/Limitations of Liability:
Golden Healer Service Dogs shall not be liable for any (i) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by an applicant or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in by the process or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of applications submitted to Golden Healer Service Dogs, (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission in connection with the process, or communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any application; or (iii) problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to applicant’s computer related to or resulting from downloading submitting materials to, or otherwise participating in, the process if, for any reason, the online application process is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Golden Healer Service Dogs that corrupt or affect the administration, security, or proper conduct of the process. Golden Healer Service Dogs reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to without advance notice terminate or suspend the process in whole or in part or modify it in anyway. In no event will Golden Healer Service Dogs be liable for any incidental, consequential, special or indirect damages.
Reservation of Rights:
- Golden Healer Service Dogs reserves in its sole and absolute discretion the right to disqualify any application it deems to be inappropriate, offensive or is not in keeping with Golden Healer Service Dogs image.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Golden Healer Service Dogs shall have the right, at any time and without advance notice, to modify, suspend, or terminate the process in whole or in part.
- If a potential grant recipient fails to return a fully signed agreement within the required time frame, the potential grant recipient shall be disqualified and the grant shall be awarded to a potential grant recipient selected as an alternate as described above. In the event that such an alternate rejects the grant or fails to return the agreement, Golden Healer Service Dogs in its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right not to award the grant.
- Golden Healer Service Dogs reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any applicant who finds or believes to have tampered with the process or otherwise violated these rules and regulations.
- Any attempt by an applicant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermined the process will be taken very seriously by Golden Healer Service Dogs and Golden Healer Service Dogs reserves the right to seek any and all damages available to it under the law.
- Golden Healer Service Dogs reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to, without notice, terminate, or suspend the process, in whole or in part or modify it in any way.